This essay was published in Insights E-Journal, University of Durham, 15 (2015) (invited): uploaded 2016. Uploaded here on 16 June 2020. Find the original article at https://www.dur.ac.uk/ias/insights/volume8/article11/ or download here.
A driving day. Highways in Puglia are a bumpy strip of speedsters for whom the limit is entirely advisory despite the regular warnings of velocità elettronica for which, unless they are using drones, there is no technology of enforcement. On the right, inner lane is a regular stream of old Pintos, Pandas and Cinquecentos, often driven at moderate speed by […]
- The Distant Origins of Modern Art: Reason, Madness and Reversal in Goya’s Paintings and Works on Paper
- Negation, Possibilisation, Emergence and the Reversed Painting
- ‘A name that makes it looked after’: Turner, Ruskin and the visual-verbal sublime
- ‘Art Today’: Stokes, Pound, Freud and the word-image opposition
- Trajective Art Criticism: Boats (Trains, Planes) and Home in the Era of Retreat from Democracy